Checks look sophisticated, they are practical and stylish and they are always in vogue. They can do wonders even on a shoestring budget. Wearing chessboard checks or a stark grid of square styles in the black and white combo is the real fashion game. The combined patterns of modified stripes with a slight traditional hint add more drama to it. Keep it simple yet eye-catching with variations of checks?
- Gingham is an especially checkered pattern shirt that typically comprises of vertical and horizontal stripes, typically of the same color against a white background.
- The Madras style, as the name implies, originated from Madras and is a cool summer fabric style. Different colored strips cross each other to carve out uneven checks for a funky look.
- How about the same patterns of the window pane on shirts? Windowpane style resembles so in conservative color schemes.
- Interestingly, the Shepherd Checks fashion derived from the plaid designs worn by shepherds in the hills give alternating color stripes look.
- Graph checks are for those who love small checks that looks like graph paper pattern.
- Another checkered pattern, called Houndstooth, comprises of broken, pointed and uneven lines.
For a formal look, try graph checks, Shephard checks, and Gingham checks. Likewise, count on Madras, Houndstooth checks for a more casual day out.