Tiny and cute, yet uber powerful and it has literally taken the fashion world by storm. It is the pompom trend. Said to debut in 2015, when Fendi created key-chains out of pom-poms and googly eyes, now it’s popping up in every aspect of the fashion industry. From clothes to earrings, shoes to bags, pompom is the hot favourite used by the designers.
Here are a few ways in which you can use pompoms as your style statement.
- Go for dresses with hems, shorts with bottoms or shirt with sleeves edges pepped up with pompom garlands hanging playfully
- Alternately try a dress with a collar dotted with a cluster of pompoms
- A shoe or a sandal with a few well-placed pompoms hanging off the straps offer a cool look
- Be a bit bold by wearing a variegated pompom foot chain to accentuate any simple strappy sandal into a colourful gladiator.
- The pompom earrings, necklace, tasselled bracelet or even a chunky choker are fun way to try this trend
- Pick a bright cross-body bag with vibrant tassels around the edges.
The playful pompoms are ruling everywhere. It’s up to you how you are going to make them a part of your wardrobe.